Pages

Friday, February 2, 2018

Houston Tea Festival - Harry Teapotter and the Perfect Cuppa

 Holy moley are you ready for all these images?? Above was a cute vendor that sold necklaces, tea and other assortments! I got a sample of Texas Pecan which is a blend of black tea and coffee that I can't wait to review! I had that tea while I was there with cream and sugar and it was delicious.


 Now this is probably the only.. straight tea vendor at this festival. They exclusively sold Japanese tea - Matcha on one side and then Sencha, Gyokuro, Genmaicha and Hoji cha(which I bought btw) on the other side!

 This was a super cute tea vendor that sold blends related to geeky stuff! They had a whole slew of Harry Potter blended tea! I ended up buying the Butter beer blend from them :D






 TEAMALES!!! They don't taste like corn husk by the way haha, such a cool idea to use that for brewing tea :)
 I will say there were a lot of vendors selling non tea stuff like essential oils, candles, diffusers and cups or jewelry.
 Now.. Wild South tea above and the vendor below both sold Cassina herbal tea! The herb is naturally grown in Texas from the yaupon holly plant and is a relative of yerba mate!

 We also had a pottery maker who did live demonstrations! Below are two pieces I bought from her :) A coffee cup and a small cup that I might use for a gongfu session :P
Overall I had a great time at the Houston Tea Festival but I doubt I will return, it was really small and we could walk the floor in 5 minutes haha. I wish I was able to attend Sunday so I could have seen the gongfu brewing demonstration but I had to head back to DFW area :( If you follow TheOolongDrunk - he did a talk about puerh and I learned some new things too! Hope you liked this post!

If you have any questions comments or concerns please feel free to send me a PM! Want to decide which tea I review next? Don’t hesitate to ask! 
xoxo
Jordan

5 comments :

  1. Seriously cool! I was hoping to read a blog about this festival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for blogging about our Houston Tea Festival! I am the organizer/director of the festival and I also had a vendor booth selling tea. Ironically, I think mine is the only tea vendor booth not pictured above! Anyway, we are glad you attended! Looks like you had a good time. Sorry I didn't get to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry you thought the festival was "small". It's a shame you didn't attend on Sunday when we had an entire 2nd huge ballroom with speakers and events.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're the geeky store! The Dragon's Treasure, a Haven for Anime and Tea Lovers. We seek to bring the wonders of tea to the younger generation, as we know they'll develop a lifelong appreciation for it. We appreciate the beautiful pictures you took!

    ReplyDelete
  5. by utilizing programmed espresso creator you show signs of improvement espresso than any brand of moment espresso can give you. turmeric tea recipe

    ReplyDelete