Pages

Monday, June 19, 2017

Teavana's Jasmine Silver Needle

Okay, so someone requested that I do a review on jasmine pearl tea, and I said of course! Thinking I had some (because at one point I did!) buttttt, I already drank the sample a while ago .-. SORRY. It’s also been a very off day for tea review so bare with me haha.

Silver needle gets it name because you can see all the silvery hairs on the tea! Smell wise - this tea is saturated with Jasmine. 
So here is where I kind of messed up. I forgot to refill my kettle so I only had 16 oz to steep with and almost twice the amount of tea needed! Then I forgot to set my timer and was snapping away, so I quickly recovered and set it for 2 minutes as a rough estimate. This tea mighttt be slightly understeeped but that’s okay because Jasmine Silver Needle can get bitter fast! Normally - steep this tea at 175F for 4-5 minutes.
 Mmmmm I can still smell so much jasmine! This tea comes out with a soft pale gold color.
Alright ladies and gents, this is where personal tastes can really differ. I am not a huge jasmine fan and this tea is absolutely saturated with it. First sip comes in with a nice delicate floral taste but finishes with a strong bite of jasmine. It almost tastes like I am sipping on tea flavored jasmine perfume. A slight chemical note is present, which really deters me from making this an every day tea. In order to combat this, I would just have less leaf to water ratio and try steeping it for a shorter time. If you are a big jasmine fan, this tea will be great for you! It also calms down a bit as it goes cold.
If you have any questions or requests, feel free to send me a PM! :)
xoxo
Jordan

No comments :

Post a Comment