Pages

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Ruby 8 Black - Totem Tea

Totem tea contacted me about trying their tea and incense and I could not refuse! 

 I brewed this tea at 205F starting with 10 second infusions and gradually increasing
The liquor comes out a a strong yellow with hints of red and smells floral with notes of smokiness. I paired this tea with the sandalwood incense that they sent and it made for a beautiful combination. Both had opposite profiles but complimented each other in ways I did not expect. Ruby 8 is a black tea from Taiwan and is so delicately creamy with zero bitterness. I found that the tea reminded me of cocoa mixed with lighter floral notes. Even if I left this tea to cool for too long it still tasted sweet and delightful at colder temperatures. They sell this tea on their website for $13/oz if you would like some of your own you can pick it up here.

If you have any questions comments or concerns please feel free to send me a PM! Want to decide which tea I review next? Don’t hesitate to ask! 
xoxo
Jordan

4 comments :

  1. Hello, This is interesting. I've never heard of TTES #8 (an Assam cultivar) referred to as Ruby #8 as the "Ruby" designation is generally reserved for TTES #18 (a cross between a Burmese assam and an indigenous wild variety and called Hong Yu - red jade or ruby - in Taiwan.) #8 is usually just called assam. Do you know why this tea is called "Ruby"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the time I don’t make comments on websites, but I'd like to say that this article really forced me to do so. Really nice post! jiaogulan immortalitea

    ReplyDelete
  3. The acquisition Purchases online range has been well received in the market, both in the UK and abroad so we possess clients of any size including producers, merchants including on the internet, hr dashboard, construction companies and even courses.

    ReplyDelete