Pages

Saturday, December 9, 2017

Spirit Old Growth Shou Puerh - Global Tea Hut

 Global Tea Hut sent me this shou puerh to review!


I steeped this tea at 212F starting with two rinses and then 15 seconds for the first infusion. I continued steeping this tea increasing the steeping time by 10 seconds and then 30 seconds once I hit a minute. Alright - This is where I become transparent. I do not like shou, there's only one shou tea I've tried and loved and it's because it was dry storage, some are okay but not something I would drink often while others I put away forever. Shou actually causes me to have bad stomach aches making it hard for me to drink more than a couple infusions. So with this in mind, I will be reviewing this tea on what flavors I got and not whether I liked it - you can decide if those flavors appeal to your pallet!

"Spirit" A 2017 old growth shou puerh smells like wet moss on a log mixed with the earth around it. Flavor wise this tea sipped in similarly with more mushroom/earthy and some seaweed notes. As I continued to steep this tea it started to taper off the mustiness and I was left with a more hearty cup that continued to deliver. Despite the pictures, this tea can come in DARK, as dark as coffee and coats the tongue. As shou goes, this is a more enjoyable cup to brew - I do feel like I want to let it rest for 6 months before trying it again to see how the mustiness mellows out. For all of you shou lovers out there, I do recommend trying this tea! You can check out their website here.

If you have any questions comments or concerns please feel free to send me a PM! Want to decide which tea I review next? Don’t hesitate to ask! 
xoxo
Jordan

No comments :

Post a Comment